Sunday, September 2, 2012

Moment In Isaac

   I glanced out my window to see the wind wiping through the trees creating a dance with the branches. The leaves flew across the street with each powerful blow. The cars were hidden under houses during the storm. I heard the thunder echoing in the silence. Lighting stroke not far away from my neighborhood. My house was mute while the storm continued. The rain slashed against the drain pipe with each drop.
   I stepped outside when the storm grew softer, and the rain less frequent. The thunder was too far away to be of a threat for my neighborhood and I. My driveway was covered with pine-cones and branches. The houses that surrounded mine were shaking in the continuous wind. A full tree was knocked over, blocking the road, with it's dark bark falling onto the pavement. Overall, Isaac caused casualties for my neighbors, my friends, and my family but everything was fine and we were safe.

1 comment: