Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Aquarium Knowledge continued: Corals

     As I Continue to read the Marine Aquarium Reference, I have learned many details on broad subjects such as, corals, fish, invertebrates, and marine systems. Moving on from the octopus obsession, I now am wanting a larger tank with corals, and more fish. This book has really helped me in getting great ideas to improve my tank.  At first, I had no idea what a sump refugium or scroll coral was, or even that sand is considered live. 

     On Friday of this week, I am going to set up a coral reef tank with coral friendly fish. The books broad subjects on corals helped me a lot in deciding what colors I want for the tank to make it as bright and easy to manage as possible. This book also talks about systems. A system is a word for ecosystem that includes  live sand, live rock, corals, and fish.  
They all work together to sustain life and live together in harmony when you set it up correctly. 
Thank goodness I have this book to guide me, or my tank would be looking like hurricane Isaac!

3 comments:

  1. Good work, Tad. I am glad to see your reading responses, and it sounds like your book has a lot of valuable and interesting information. (Also, I love octopi!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tad I like that you are telling us about how the content of the book has helped you in building your tank. You've almost convinced me check this one out. Then, you could come set up my piranha tank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tad, this book sounds really interesting the way that you put it. I really like the information that you give about to book, to help others want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete