Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ideas for my Literacy Narrative

     To be honest, I am hesitant in writing my literacy narrative because I am not big on writing or reading. Last year, I struggled reading books because I never found one that I just could not put down. What is different this year, is that I realized its not reading that I don't like; it's just that I have been picking the wrong books. I now know that I should take time to find a book that speaks to me and what I am interested in, as opposed to last year when I would just pick the first book I could find in the library.

     For my paper, I am going to write about this epiphany, and try to let everyone know that reading and writing are extremely important in life. Without these aspects of English, it would be hard to do anything in life if you want to succeed. Although I have an idea, the concept of a literacy narrative is still a blur to me. I need some explanation other than google, because google is very broad.  I would rather a explanation that relates this specific class more.

Reading For this week
The Outsiders- S.E Hinton 20 minutes
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton 25 minutes
The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins  1 hour
The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins  45 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of this.I have also had some trouble picking books that were right for me. I also am still a little bit confused on exactly how to write this literacy narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tad, that sounds like a good potential topic, and you definitely have a realization worth exploring. Also, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying reading more these days.

    Google is not going to be a good source for learning more about literacy narratives because there is some range in how people define them. Try the chapter in your Norton Field Guide, the assignment and list of features we created, and seeing me at tutorial to talk about it more.

    ReplyDelete