Monday, March 25, 2013

Revise!

As i got into reading the article discussing Jane Goodall's' new book being taken from another source. I was shocked that such a expireinced writer and public figure made such a huge mistake. Next, I personally know jane Goodall for her work with chimpanzees. Her amazing story was told around the world. This made her to become peoples role model, from seeing her on tv, bill boards, and now reading about her in her new book. Or will we?

As Jane Goodall's book is read and ridiculed by many, it came out that some of her ideas were taken from other sources. I was shocked that she could go through all the steps of publishing a book without anyone editing, revising, or even noticing her work is based on other peoples ideas. If i was in  Goodall's situation I would probably go to the press and explain my innocence, if I really was. This situation will really make me be extra careful in revising my work even if I didn't get information from anywhere. Because if such a public figure in science can make this mistake, anyone can.

1 comment:

  1. Tad, I was pretty shocked too, especially since she had another author with her. I really don't under stand how it can go through being published with her doing that.

    ReplyDelete