Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Avocation

If someone asked me what is my favorite avocation, i would give them a definitive answer, "basketball". A major aspect in basketball, and in all sports is the anxiety or "butterflies" many people get before games. I personally am not good at handling the pressure of big games because i over think everything, it's not like I'm going up against these basketball prodigies, but sometimes i feel like i am even though i'm not.

 Once iv'e gotten into the game and into the swing of things, half time comes around and the raucous crowd makes me lapse and get more nervous, which leads to me playing bad. basically i'm the farthest from adroit at handling these high pressure games, and the affronts some opposing players make during the game does't help either. Sometimes these players act militant towards me or other players, leading to me getting intimidated, but i always have to keep my demeanor in check and play through it.


2 comments:

  1. Good vocab use. Make sure to use standard sentence structure and capitalization (I see a lot of lowercase "i," sentences without beginning caps, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have trouble handling large amounts of sports related pressure. I knew a guy who threw up on the starting line of a race because he was so nervous.

    ReplyDelete