Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Books for the Semester

This semester iv'e read the most, and the most interesting books ever for me. Catching fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the most intriguing books iv'e ever read. My side of the Mountian was also very intriguing, i'd picture myself as the boy in the book trying to survive off the land, for fun! A long with these great books the highly popular book called  The Oustsiders was a must read for me once i heard everyone talking about it. 

Although i'm typically not a big reader, iv'e found out instead of just going to the library and picking the shortest book possible you should find something you will enjoy reading, and The books above are prime examples of that for me. Reading these novels has taught me what everyone was saying when "its like watching tv", at first i was like ha! yeah right books are so boring and what's the point of the author saying something in the text, but he "means" something else, like if he wanted to say that why didn't he just put that in the book.  Although that's what most teenage boys thing when books a come around, reading has taught me to see why the author but themes, foreshadowing, and symbols in the text instead of just saying what he wants us to figure out which makes me enjoy reading so much more than last year. Finding out what the authors symbols, and text mean is actually exciting now thanks to these books, and Lord Of the Flies of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment