Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Side of the Mountain

Right now im reading a little below my grade level, but the book i wanted to check out, Yummy was already check out. As i was looking through the books and reading the back I noticed that My Side of the Mountain was a book i could not put down. Disregarding the grade level, i think this book is very interesting and im prety sure if i checked out a harry potter book i woudnt read 1 page, but this book is something i can't put down. I haven't gotten to far in my side of the mountain yet, but heres what I know so far.

After his summer trip is cancelled, the boy is living in the wilderness all by himself. He is making his own meals in very innovative ways just by using the nature surrounding him. The boys cleverness, attitude, and survival skills are his essential qualities that are shown in this novel so far. He shows his cleverness by creating ways to cook and catch food in order to survive. being away from his parents and still is able to not cry every minute, go home, or give up. This is his "summer trip," by using his survival skills in ways that you couldn't belive unless you read My Side of the Mountain.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Sam uses his survival skills in ways I do believe, only because My Side of the Mountain is my favorite book. How is it so far? Isn't it awesome? And I hope like my favorite character Frightful, too.

    ReplyDelete